Interested in camping with Discordia in 2017? Great!
We know it's early days but having a rough indication of how big our camp will be helps with planning, fundraising and gives us some idea of how much space to ask for on the official placement application. Filling out this form doesn't commit you to anything!
You'll be provided with a link by email to update your information later as plans firm up.
Here's a few things you should know:
- This form needs to be submitted once for every single person planning to camp with Discordia. Please only use one name per form.
- Camp dues for 2017 are US$150 ($200 in July, $250 in August) plus one bottle of spirits and one bottle of mixer (juice, etc) per person.
- We do not provide any food or water. You MUST bring enough for yourself.
- Everyone must purchase their own Burning Man ticket.
- Everyone is required to read the Burning Man Survival Guide.
- Discordia is not for spectators. All camp members will be expected to help out with camp construction, running of the bar and camp strike.
- Discordia is a Leave No Trace camp. All camp members are required to deal with their own trash and are expected to help with the final MOOP-sweep before leaving site.
- Discordia is not for children. All members must be at least 21 (legal drinking age in the USA).
- Camping with Discordia is strictly by invitation only. Filling out this form does not entitle you to, nor commit you to camping with Discordia.
- Final invitations will be sent out following official placement, most likely in July. Payment of the $150 dues must be made by PayPal or bank deposit prior to one week before gates open at the end of August.
- We have a small number of hexayurts available to rent out for US$400 each. While we will transport them to the playa you will need to assemble them yourself with our assistance.
- NEW FOR 2017: All camp members are expected to either help build or strike the camp. This means that you should plan to leave Black Rock City NO EARLIER THAN LATE AFTERNOON, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 4. If you really need to leave earlier than this then you should plan to be more involved in the early build and aim to arrive at BRC no later than Friday 25th (we will have some early-access passes available).